Today was a little calmer, lol.
Had a day at home doing all the things I started doing last week which were thwarted by interruptions. So, a load of washing on, and got stuck into weeding the vege gardens. Pegged out the washing, put on another load, planted the seedlings while finishing off the weeding. Pegged out another load, put another on, and popped over the road with the left-over seedlings. Came back with their brush cutter and attacked some of the larger clumps of grass, returned it, and then mowed those areas. Was planning to get the whipper snipper out to finish off the edges of the garden beds, but instead took the dogs for a walk, did another load of washing, put away some of what was already dry and headed up to see Ratt and Tina.
They had visitors so we sat and chatted till the visitors left, then I helped Tina go through the last of the bags of Ratt's mother's clothes, with the result I now have enough shirts to open my own shop, and also some nice blouses for 'good'. Messed around in her garden for a bit, came home, walked the dogs, had a cuppa while the newly aquired clothes went through the machine. Pegged them out, took the dogs for their long walk, unpegged the clothes and sat down for a bowl of icecream (I deserve it I feel).
The activity in the garden was brought on by left-over seedlings from planting up the community garden and the knowledge I will be going to a plant nursery next Friday. So had to have some space set aside for new plantings.
Tomorrow we return to cooler weather so I may not get as much done as I did today. I may just sit inside and sew.
No comments:
Post a Comment