For a change of pace I attended my first Branch meeting today and met the (very few) members who had come the distance. Average travelling distance is around 120 km. I am lucky as it is held at Ross! So we decided to get more participation in the group by having phone meetings in future, with twice yearly get togethers in Spring and Autumn (to take advantage of daylight savings) at Ross with a whole-day get-together, bring and buy sale, barbecue etc. Sounds a far more rational approach to me since we take in everywhere from the Tasman Peninsula to Flinders Island.
I also now have the name of someone who may know who is operating our FB page. I know someone is as I occasionally get posts from it, but they do not read messages or respond to queries in the comments sections of the posts they display. All very frustrating and hardly surprising the page has only 37 likes.
Also sorted out a lot of housekeeping stuff and agreed to start candidate searching now so we can train those interested in the way to go about things, and get them known in the area before electioneering starts in earnest. Since both the major parties already have candidates who are promoting themselves actively, it seemed a good idea to me.
I will be heading to bed early though as it was a tiring day with all the talking.
No comments:
Post a Comment