Saturday, March 15, 2014

The plan today was get up, breakfast, shower, walk dogs (long walk, the get out for a wee first thing), Vote, do readings, lecture, go to clean, to think it all over, come home, do more readings.

Well I got as far as voting and after that things went a little pearshaped. Voting in a small community hall involves quite a lot of social interchange between others that you have not seen for some time all of whom want to know what you are up to, want to sigh over the lack of choice, you get the picture. So the ten minute walk up the street turned into an hour's activity.

Then home to read, but the dogs had concluded they needed another walk, so I did that then settled down to read, but Seb had not done what he had gone to do so we had to have another walk to deal with that problem, more reading, then into town to clean, get bailed up by more people who wanted to talk at length, clean, get home, realise I have no bread, go back into town (ditto) drop off the chainsaw for servicing while I am in there, and home once more to walk the dogs.

You might notice lunch has not featured in the activities - that is because I have had none.

I finished the reading about half an hour ago and took the dogs for another walk (unproductive so we will need another before bedtime).

I also cut some firewood as it started off chilly and overcast, threatening rain. It is still threatening rain but is 19 degrees so the fire remains unlit so far. Apparently there will be even more rain tonight.

Since I do not have to be in Hobart for the March till 11:30 I have decided to devote the morning to more reading, after which I will drive down, do my thing, hope I don't get arrested, and hopefully also pick up the bike if Barbara is at home. A bicycle will be a useful thing to have once i have accustomed myself and the dog to its peculiarities.

Once I have dinner I will watch the lectures and see if they help make sense of the readings. We were warned the text is very dry and dull. I disagree, it is fascinating. Dry and dull is the text for the other subject with the horror tutor.

Fingers crossed for the election results. Please god the Liberals don't win or we are truly screwed.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like we are screwed.... all the more reason to hit Hobart tomorrow morning for the March in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. The election was a very disappointing outcome indeed.

    ReplyDelete