It was a really heavy mist this morning that failed to clear until close to ten in the morning. Since I was awake at four this morning, walking the dogs in the mist was a bit of a trial. Seb disappeared into the fog and I had to hope he was back where they echidna had been (he was) as I could not run to keep up with him. The heel has started to heal quite well but I seem determined to remain lame. Last night I trod on what I initially assumed to be gravel but it was still there when I put my foot down again. On closer inspection it was a triagular bit of 3mm glass embedded in my heel (the left one this time). On removal it decided to bleed which I encouraged in case there was something left in the wound, then applied savlon and a bandaid before heading to bed. It seems OK, but being fairly deep I will need to keep it open as it heals to ensure no infection - the last thing I need right now. The achilles, on the other hand, is responding well to the salve and to the resumption of my elastic-sided boots which seem to have the right heel height to keep it relaxed.
I had a
longish nap this afternoon after getting back from cleaning. Luckily the
dogs agreed this was a good idea and so it was not for a couple of
hours that Seb decided to climb onto my chest.
He is proving to be a bit of a wimp in some aspects of life. Last night
Smidgen decided to get up and go for a midnight snack. Seb has taken to
sleeping alongside the bed so made a useful step down for Smidgen. Seb,
waked by a large cat landing on him, let out a shriek like all the
hounds of hell were after him, waking the rest of the household as well.
Sigh.
Two loads of washing also done today which was good, and more bookshelf
sorting done. The three lower shelves of the bookcase have novels on
them, and the top three are allocated to texts (when they arrive and
accumulate). The three lower ones are also now arranged into author
order which is a bit of a relief as I am a bit anal about that sort of
thing and the last five years of chaos has been quite wearing. I will
try to avoid carrying on into the other three sets of shelving though as
I really should read some of those text books first, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment