Last night, the temperature kept on rising instead of falling so by 2 am it was 17 degrees and I was throwing duvets and blankets off with gay abandon. Had to get up and sit in the lounge for a bit to get my core body temp down to a manageable level before retreating back to bed and one sheet. Naturally it then got cold and I woke again in time to pull things back over me.
Apart from doing the Bank I visited a friend who I have been neglecting of late. Leaving her place the temp had plummetted once more so I sorted for more wood (too damp to get the electric saw out and the chainsaw is at the Servo still) and by the time I did that it was warmer again. So the fire was only lit about an hour ago.
Then I sat and sewed for some of the day (in between dog walks). On our last walk we sprang four young thugs busily demolishing the grandstand, I had to keep an eye open to see if they left as I ordered them to (they didn't) then walk up to the President's house to let him know they were back on the job. Hopefully they won't do it again. Summary justice - your parents get told and you watch as they deliver punishment.
The little darlings (there were four of them) ran off as soon as I entered the oval to walk the dogs and skulked (not terribly well) in the growth around the oval. With two hunting dogs with me I knew precisely where they were so spoke to the dogs (in a carrying voice) telling them that the little idiots were trying to hide and to leave them alone. Then as I was leaving they moved around to the other side of the oval so I called across and told them not to do any more damage or they would cop it. I then replaced the bits that had been removed. Naturally they ignored me, so I waited till I could hear them inside the grandstand again and then walked up to Bear's place. He was off like a rocket in his ute, so presumably got them. I have no idea whose kids they were, not ones I am familiar with.
No comments:
Post a Comment