Monday, March 17, 2014

The Mercury plumbed new depths of reporting mediocrity when it commented on the March - 'a few hundred' they said - more like a few thousand (well, between 2 and 3,ooo when I viewed the video over-view of the crowd). Meekly following the model set by Tones when he and his little school mates sniggered that they thought that the only March in Sydney yesterday was the St Patrick's Day parade. Bear in mind that the Melbourne March had about 50,000 in attendance and you will wonder why you did not hear about it on the news.

The Canberra March today was also very well attended (though I doubt it will hit the news).

Time to start getting terribly paranoid when the media and a right wing government start conspiring to play down community resentment I think.

Today I plowed through readings and am about to start on the questions and mini-essay in my least favourite subject. Tomorrow I will do Literature (my very favourite subject) and start more readings on the third subject (the one with an essay due on Friday), and dabble with the maths unit (eek) for a bit of variety and different mental exercises.

This morning I cleaned the bank and was lucky enough to spot the first lot of people checking out of the cottages, so went straight over and cleaned up after them before heading to the Garden to check in the Workskills crew. Then back to the cottages to do the other two before heading over to my friend's office to do some uni work - sadly his computer does not allow access to the relevant site, so the IT guy is looking into it and hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow. I suspect however that it is due to them using IE, when the uni uses Google Chrome. My friend will look into obtaining permission to download Google Chrome for me (phew). If that is sorted by the end of the week I can do my test in the comfort of an office (albeit a very dusty office) instead of the back seat of the ute down by the Lake.

Time to go do some work I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment