Friday, March 14, 2014

I hate my tutor. Sulk.

Apart from that, I have now completed three weeks of work in one subject, two weeks of work in another and am about to move on to yet a third subject. Once I have waded through the fourth one I will go back and start next week's work.

At least (apart from cleaning the bank) I got to spend the day at home. I have discovered that half the problem with Seb's more recent demands for attention are that I have usurped his position on the couch  - I take the laptop in there to watch lectures and to write my responses to the stupid (and frequently unanswerable) questions that the book asks (they give you a rough outline of a few behavioural development theories then ask you to diagnose the problems of a three year old that has suddenly developed fear of the dark and watches television all night instead - sounds to me like he needs a firm smack and a guiding hand back to bed (and no television for a month). But of course one can not say that, lol.

The lectures are I am sure, a violation of copyright in that they simply take you through the same material as the text book with a few supporting short videos to supplement the still images in the book. Since the lecturer is not one of the authors, this smacks of plagiarism on a grand scale to me (but then I don't like him or his smug little doctoral student tutor).

I will almost be looking forward to getting into the maths unit (the last text book having arrived today thanks to the miracles of Australia Post and the COOP bookshop in combination with our fantastic local postie.

I have one unit to clean tomorrow so will get some reading done first (and maybe a lecture) and then go to do that while I digest the information.

Hopefully I will sleep a little longer tonight than I did last night as I was up at four this morning (and not for nefarious activities involving the neighbour's flax plants, I promise, lol).

1 comment:

  1. It would be understandable if you did think of tampering with her flax.
    Because its not nice at all to have your $800 hedge removed.
    I wonder why she did that.

    ReplyDelete