Tuesday, July 9, 2013
The saga continues in England, but suffice to say all letting agents are incompetent and banks not far short of that. The tenants (due to move in Friday before last) are not yet through their employment check and the funds have once again disappeared into the ether ... Will find out what has happened to them once I get to Oatlands tomorrow, hopefully. Mean time I have asked the bank to have some pounds sterling on standby since if there is not sign of progress by Friday I will need to convert some more money to send with Caroline as she heads off to the deep north of England.
I briefed her today at the Tuesday group (which I don't usually attend) which is why I was out of range for phoning banks and need to sort things out tomorrow (having put the wheels in motion today).
I plan to have a nice cosy night in, with temps heading back down to minus four tonight (minus 5 last night). The frost has not thawed today (but the pipes were running at least) so it was kind of nippy out there while cutting the wood!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Imagine the pipes at Liaweenee!!!!! -12 !!!!
ReplyDelete-1 here in Shepparton heat wave conditions.
Re the real estate - I will be brutal - sell it. Friend of mine from Sydney who has been a pseudo islander for the last 20 years finally sold a rental property up there as she was sick of all the stuffing around by agents and repair people who take the money but do stuff all. I will hop down off my soap box now.
Stay warm
Wayne
If you have a spare 40000 to fill the gap between its current value and the money the bank will want, I would be happy to Wayne - it's not an investment, more a survivor of the GFC.
ReplyDelete