Saturday, July 6, 2013
Frozen
A maximum temperature of 4.1 is never good news. It snowed on and off all day, but the preceding warmer days meant that no snow settled on the ground. More to come I presume with minus 2 overnight forecast. I lit the fire and stayed indoors for most of the day. Tried tracing the pattern onto the base fabric for the needleturn applique associated with the daffodil quilt. Was a little tricky as first I had the carbon paper around the wrong way, then I discovered I had the fabric around the wrong way, so ended up tracing it three times in all. Still it's done now and ready to start work (once there is sufficient light to see to sew dark fabric onto black fabric ...).
Smidgen is not taking well to having to take tablets, but I have discovered a secret weapon in the cupboard (a can of wet cat food) and will resort to that as a disguise, since the pea and ham soup is apparently not up to his culinary standards.
The digestive tea is just as tasty as the rest, and I have finally worked out why they were thrown out - they are past their use-by date (not that this effects their quality in the slightest - tea lasts for a long long time when stored properly. The digestive tea has peppermint, chamomile flowers, fennel and lemonbalm in it - yum! So I will merrily pursue my tastings further with the green tea next on the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment