Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thursday 4 July

There you go - already it is Independence Day. Hope the Americans out there are having fun. It is also raining (whoopee) and seems to have settled in to do it properly this time (though it has only been doing it for half an hour, so I may be speaking too soon). It is nice to hear the rain on the roof (rather than the ceiling) and the drips falling outside off the trees. I went to the bank today to see if I could sort out this mislaid money and I have to say a bit thumbs up to the staff at the Oatlands Commonwealth Bank as they tracked it down (it had been rejected as it did not match any accounts) and they have now instructed their colleagues to resend it to the proper number. I hope so at any rate, as said colleagues have not sent me the confirmation email I was promised. So if it is not here by bank-opening time tomorrow I guess I will have to go in again and set Kate onto them!! It has been very quiet around the house for the last two days as the dog and cat recover from their various traumas. And tablet=giving time is always fun don't you think!? I still have my fingers intact as so far I have managed to surprise Smidgen, but I suspect this advantage will have worn off by the time the 10 days are past ... The calming tea is delicious having some more as soon as I log off. No idea if it is working, but who cares, given the taste. Only three more flavours to work through before I commence the cycle once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment