Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Quilting today!

... and I finished off my lesson in doing y-seams. Mind you, now I have to unpick it as one of the diamonds has the colours in the wrong place, rather spoiling the 'star' effect:
My learning from this lesson has been that if it is possible avoid doing y-seams, I should do so in future!! lol The next block is 'tumbling blocks' but seems more an exercise in cutting and accurate seaming (not a problem with the Bernina 430) as they have cheated in the way it is done (strip-piecing). It will be an interesting exercise nevertheless. My local bank is once again chasing their colleagues in international banking - but I have not yet had the courage to check if there is an email for me this time. Fingers crossed. Will see what happens and hope it is good. Mean time I can send some Sterling with Caroline when she leaves on friday. It was very icy this morning on the road, I fishtailed even taking extreme caution, coming out of the t-intersection at Oatlands, then weaved my way along the High Street till I hit a patch of sunlight - council really should gravel that intersection in weather like this. My assignement for tomorrow (after I phone my potential clients) will be to pull together the brochure for the polytunnel so we can sell some on our (now brought forward) trip to Longford to see their community garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment