Saturday, July 13, 2013

The fog cleared around lunchtime today, to a nice sunny day. I spent much of the day typing as we are trying to pull together our brochure on how to build a wind-proof polytunnel in a form that suits Eleanor (folksy), me (blokey) and Barry (architectural) using language that expresses meaning to people (mainly middle-school educated) in a comprehensible manner. Barry's style is very academic I have to say, and he uses long sentences that involve complex ideas. So getting it into a form that will be useful to others took some time. The draft has now gone off to be checked for accuracy and completeness, along with thumbnals of the photos so that Barry can draw the necessary sketches which will, in turn be scanned by moi for insertion when it all goes to Corinna on Monday to be placed into some desk-top publishing software. I had to exert considerable influence to avoid inserting images in the text as that will make her job that much harder. With the thumbnails, we will only have to label the as image 1,2,3 etc, so she can lift them into the document where appropriate (and insert comments in the text so she knows where they go). So, that done, and firewood cut, and oxtail defrosted, I am now ready to cook dinner. Something I can not do as I have yet to re-stock on onions, so unless i have a can of onion soup in the cupboard I am stuffed and it will be eggs on toast instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment