Saturday, July 20, 2013
Day in Longford today - the driver of the Community Bus is ... scary!! and so is her driving. But we arrived safely and were entertained by the hosts from the local Men's Shed who showed us their community garden which, in midwinter, is not terribly impressive i hvae to day. But then, they make up for this with their organisation (skills seriously lacking in this part of the world) and gave us a number of very helpful hints which I have no doubt will be ignored by the locals. Pity really as a community garden is a great idea but does require some organising - like liability insurance, lockable toolshed, adequate fencing, planning what goes where etc all of which are well beyond the capabilities of interests of the locals from what I gathered on our way back to town Still, the weather was nice and we stopped in Campbell Town for coffee at the Red Bridge Providore (which no longer stocks fresh veges) and went to the local antique shop where we admired sundry unaffordable objects. I bought a plastering float and a nice little jug from the $1.00 table, which was my lot for the day. The jug is not terribly exciting but the right shape for the jug collection I have accidentally started and which is displayed on the tops of the kitchen cupboards.
Chilly tonight, and we actually had a bit of rain as well. So the fire is burning merrily and I am about to retreat to it once more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment