Friday, March 1, 2013

Well, loaded the ute with scrap metal for the tip this morning and unloaded it en route to collect the box of stuff I received from Herbalife today. This has shampoos (for showing to the local hairdresser who may be interested in stocking it in the salon), and two different flavour shakes (since someone is sure to ask me what they taste like and it would be good to know), and some more sample stuff. I figure if I set up a stall at the local market I can give taste tests and such like and take names of interested people (or better still, get them to enter a competition with a view to winning a something - while at the same time agreeing to go on the mailing list), and so home once more. Decided to use the meat mincer which I bought ages ago but have not used due to being missing in action for such a length of time. My recipe called for chicken mince and I only had chicken breast meat, so minced that, then got carried away and minced the celery, mushrooms, leek, garlic and any other recipe ingredient I could lay my hands to. Forgot to mince the onion, so I guess I have to chop that up the usual way. Today was the first day of Autumn, so the weather gods decided to usher it in with a morning temperature of 1.1. Fortunately I had checked the forecast and wrapped the tomatoes in frost cloth. Even more fortunately, no frost arrived, though a very heavy dew was had. The prune plum appears to be laden with fruit, now it has coloured up and I can see it. None ripe just yet (how do you tell if they are ripe if they are suppose to taste sour anyway??), and they are still very hard, but will clearly require close monitoring from now on. The tree has shot up (probably due to all that goose poo where I had planted it) and is twice the size of any of the other fruit trees. It will do with a fairly firm pruning this winter methinks, as will the almond. But the rest of the trees will really only require a bit of trimming and shaping this winter. So excited as my helpers are arriving this Sunday (we gave up on last Sunday due to weather and other commitments) and I will finally get that shed demolished. Most of the clearing up I have been doing has been preparatory to that work, to ensure there are fewer hazards about to cause injury. Having the roof fall on an unsuspecting helper is my main concern (other than sending the shed down over the fence into her-nextdoor's yard). So, tomorrow morning another load to the tip and then let the fun begin. Tonight it is a mushroom and chicken lasagne with zucchini substituting for the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment