Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Any more nights like last night and I would be going postal - far too hot for us mere Tasmanians and once again, an upsurge in temperature in the middle of the night (what's that all about?!). So this morning I was up at 4:30 and back in bed by 5:30 shivering with the cool change - you can't win. So sewing was a pleasant excuse to get out of the house and focus on something other than my need for sleep. Also, the library was open today so I now have restocked. It was a most unpleasant discovery that it was closed on Monday - no-one told me it was a long weekend... The prunes were brought indoors last night, but the act of picking them up dislodged an entire family of large iridescent flies (very pretty, but presumably not too good for the long-term future of the fruit) so that small batch may go to the worm farm (which is thriving, btw). The rest of the still await my memory reminding me to pick up ginger, chillies and capsicums when I am in town. Tomorrow may even be cool enough to resume activities on the former shed. We live in hope.

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for it to cool down so I can spread a truck load of woodchip mulch which I scored for free after chasing the truck up the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!! I have designs on the truck carrying soil past my door en route to the tip - but have yet to catch him in the act...

    ReplyDelete