Thursday, March 7, 2013

After the excitement of the power outage yesterday, it was a bit of a comedown to get it back and running nicely before bedtime. Still, it is always better when things are working than when they are not. It was another stinking hot day forecast so I dashed down to Hobart at 7 this morning in the hopes of getting home in the cool, before the real heat began. Cat Prescription diet running out was the only motivating factor. But while down there I decided to pick up another piece of moulding in the hope i can get the front door weatherproofed before the weather turns, and some groceries at Bridgewater as the IGA does not always stock all that is good and cheap. That stop also included a short diversion into Shiploads, which I have to say is a lot easier to find your way around than Chicken Feed ever was. They had some lovely variegated double jonquil bulbs which I felt compelled to leave behind, but I picked up one or two items that had been on the 'must get one of these days' list, then home, in the face of stultifying heat and unrelenting sunshine. This afternoon, of course, it has cooled off nicely - isn't that always the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment