Monday, March 4, 2013

The problem with making so much progress in one day is that you are all fired up to get on with the job the next day but are inhibited by the weird pattern of opening hours that the local tip operates to. So I got the ute laden with as much scrap metal as possible so I can launch myself at the tip tomorrow when it opens, and spent a few more hours stablising stuff that might blow away if the wind picks up, and re-locating the half-a-tank that used to lean against the now-demolished shed, so it leans against the smaller chicken shed (now the tool shed until better accommodation is possible. This involved manoeuvrings it into position and then driving some star pickets in either side of it to prevent it bowling off down the paddock the next time the wind picks up. Now that has been done, the rusted out section (which is on the 'ground' side) has been bridged by a section of weldmesh and I have begun winding the longer scraps of fencing wire into narrower tubes so I can store them here until the chicken shed has been built and any other things that will require small-mesh wire in shorter lengths). So tomorrow's plan is to dart off to the tip the instant it opens, dump the scrap metal, come back for consecutive loads of 'tins of kitchen fat', scrap wood, masonry bits of no particular usefulness and anything else I can think of, and get it all done before it gets too hot to move. Today was overcast, which is the Tasmanian weather gods' way of telling you you will fry if you dare to go outside. So once the second layer of sunscreen was past its use-by date I retreated indoors and have read for the afternoon, when not studying my sales technique and other such fun literature or dashing into town to top up the dog's food supply.

No comments:

Post a Comment