Saturday, March 30, 2013

Well that's a disappointment. A friend posted on Facebook that the Doctor is back on Sunday. Presumably on ABC which I have always assumed was an inalienable right for all good Australians. Apparently not if you live in the country though. I plugged in the telly and did a channel search and woe is me, despite numerous tries in various locations for the antenna, and the signal booster set to maximum, I get a very fuzzy channel I assume to be SBS and another that I think is PAL. So no Doctor for me. I will have to increase my download limit so I can watch it on I-channel I guess... how sad is that!? A lovely sunny day which was mainly spent trying to phone people who had arranged times to call but who were no there to answer their phones. I guess they consider it is fun to mess with peoples' heads like that, but personally, since it was they who called us - I am not cold-calling - I think it is downright rude!! Anyway, life goes on. I managed to pick enough firewood out of the stack to avoid getting the chainsaw out - it will be 14 degrees tomorrow with wind, so probably feeling a lot cooler. So have the fire set to go when I find out whether tomorrow is as bad as they say it will be. A nice walk along the high street between calls garnered various conversations and gossip opportunities, so not all was lost.

3 comments:

  1. Re your TV, do you have an HD TV or a HD set top box? This could be the reason for your difficulties, however we have an HD TV and sometimes the ABC has a dodgy signal and is unwatchable. By April 19th, no one will be able to see TV unless they have the above mentioned equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its a brand new (well, 18 months old) flatscreen so the new digital broadcasts should not be the issue. Will complain to the ABC and see how far I get, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This government website is great for digital TV info.
    Just enter your address, and it will tell you a lot about reception, even the exact location of your nearest transmitter antenna.
    http://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au/
    Also has a 1800 help line.
    Maybe you need to retune your TV (it can locate all the channels automatically)

    ReplyDelete