Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sewing today so a good time had with the girls in town. Then home via the IGA to collect a pre-cooked chook, which turned out to be an excellent idea as they have turned the electricity off to all parts north of Hobart. There is a bushfire which is under the main cables, so they turned it off for the fire fighters. Meantime, there is no telling when it comes back on. The good news is that the fire is in the Meehan Range, so several fire brigades territories converge on it, and it is also an area which the local louts set fire to with monotonous regularity (I know this as I used to volunteer with the Mt Rumney Brigade). So it is probably about the only place in Tassie that has little if any brash to burn, but it also has some fairly inaccessible bits. I had my heart set on a ceasar salad, so took a jug back into town to get some water from a friend so I could boil some eggs. Strangely, she had about a dozen boiled eggs sitting cooling, so they came home along with sufficient water to wash out my bowl once i am done. While there, she announced the power was back on. I am glad I did not take any notice, as it is still off here... sigh. So, a quiet and an early night tonight by the looks of things...

No comments:

Post a Comment