Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Well, I was so tired yesterday that I fed the chooks, came back up to the house, had a nap, then went outside and tripped over Rastus who had taken advantage of the gate I left completely open and brought the girls out for a stroll. But then, when I went to be I couldn't sleep because it was so darn warm in the bedroom - 17 degrees!! But I nodded off eventually and woke this morning latish. Then off to quilting for a show and tell. Jean was so impressed with the photo I took of a hexagon quilt she is going to try to make one herself. She likes working with hexagons, but is not normally quite so ambitious. I imagine though that hers will be rather larger hexagons than the half inch ones in the photo.

Came home, fed the various livestock then watered all the fruit trees - really an excuse to check on progress which is quite slow. No sign of blossom on any of them, sad to say. But leaf buds poking through all around so at least they are alive. The hedge also got a bit of a soak, and some cabbages were pulled, and the carrots thinned. So a fairly lazy day, but really all I had the energy for. Tomorrow I will be dropping the car off en route to quilting, and since we have another group joining us in our fairly cramped quarters, it will be hand-sewing all round I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment