I'm told the forecast for the weekend is snow - which is entirely possible as we have the Spring Festival on Sunday and it is usually rotten weather for that. But today was sort of grey, humid and icky, though blessedly wind-free. However I continued in my loose interpretation of 'work' and went to quilting. This turned out to be a good thing as I now have a tapestry frame on which to suspend the long-stitch project which will make maintaining tension rather easier and get through the work more rapidly. I brought it home with me tonight and mounted some fabric tabs on it (which were previously lacking) made from that calico roll I bought (which is absolutely the best purchase in yonks as it has come in handy for all manner of applications).
There was a slightly less good outcome from going to quilting which is that one of the former members was selling off her stash. As a result i now have large quantities of fabric that I might not otherwise have acquired ...(ooops). Still, they are nice, coordinated good quality cottons and will doubtless come in useful some time.
Other than that, I have done very little - not even cut wood for the fire as it is still quite warm, and a jumper, later in the evening, will be all I require. Of course this means I also have no fire to cook on so will lash out and use the stove top to heat up some more of that curry (after adding some coconut milk) for dinner.
My goodness you are having a late spring aren't you Jo? However I like the idea of buying fabric -it makes my own fabric purchases look less -well-less excessive if you know what I mean.
ReplyDeleteIt's an odd spring, rather than a late one. The daffodils have been showing off for over a month, but not one of my fruit trees has blossomed - in fact they are all still just barely shooting ... all very odd.
ReplyDelete