Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The trouble with Daylight savings is that you want to be out in the yard until all hours if the weather is good, as it was today. Fortunately a wind put a stop to that idea so I am indoors and getting organised for a day in Hobart tomorrow. I have to pick up some freecycle stuff, and deliver more freecycle stuff (I offered as she is homebound with children) and get some necessary building supplies for the chooks and some paint for the bee box because I really should get around to collecting my bees sometime soon and .... well, you really are not interested in the whole list.

Today was quilting and we had another group come to join with us today. They are a really noisy lot so I have a bit of a headache after being stuck in the room with them all day. They do not seem capable of communicating at less than 500 decibels, even when sitting next to each other. Fortunately I was at the far end of the space and around a corner so it was a little more muted that might have been the case otherwise.

Lyn remembered to bring my cake boxes so they are now safely stashed back where they belong and apparently the Fete raised over $2000 which is a great day from a small community. The fine weather apparently brought people out in droves.

Was a bit worried to see both my broody hens scuttling around the yard this morning, but they were apparently just stretching their legs and are both now safely back on the nest. The other hens have given up on queuing for the nest and have taken to laying elsewhere, which is good as I hate having to lift them up to remove eggs.

The car now runs like a dream with its new timing belt and whatever else they did to it - but the bank account is in ruins from the costs associated with the work. This guy has a reputation for being a good mechanic but very pricey, and so he is. Oh well, it is done now.

Got a lift into town and back to the car from one of the quilting ladies, so was saved the exercise of walking into town, though was fighting off offers of lifts from various folk who were kind enough to consider I might need one. I do love living in the country for that reason alone.

Dinner tonight is the rest of the corned beef with mash, parsely sauce and whatever I can graze out of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment