The forecast for today was for rain starting late in the morning then deteriorating to snow. So I thought i would be smart and wheeled a barrow load of wood up to the house, but did not bother cutting it as it was so lovely yesterday. Big mistake. I bounced out of bed at 6, made myself an espresso latte with the new thingumy jig and shortly thereafter it started to rain. So I thought, no worries, I will cover the barrow with some plastic and cut the wood when there is a break in the rain....
I am still waiting ...
In the mean time I have discovered that all the thin bits of wood I have been putting to one side as being too thin to bother cutting up, but too long to go in the fire, will actually fit if I pop them in diagonally (in both dimensions) and so we are all snug and safe indoors. Nothing else to report really - no snow yet, and it really doesn't feel like snow, but you never know around here ...
No comments:
Post a Comment