Thursday, October 21, 2010

This morning was a bit of a lost cause due to fog rolling in at 7 and sticking around until noon. So not much got done on the chook shed, but the bee boxes got their first coat of top-coat and a bit of housework was done.

Once the sun finally burned through the fog I sorted through some more timber and cut suitable pieces to length. I now have all the pieces required for the front and back walls, but realised that the side walls will require some serious maths and proper scaled drawings to I can work out how long the top plates will need to be and ditto the middle stud for each wall. And the angle their tops will need to be cut and ... well, you get the picture. So I decided that tomorrow, being out of cat food and close to zero on dog and chook food, I will go to town and get those, sort out some hardware requirements and then head home. I will also call the butcher at Triabunna and see if he can take that belly pork for me, and if so, will travel via the East coast. Failing that, will go right into Hobart and get a few other bits and bobs that are on the list ...

Still, at least the sun-burn I got yesterday has had a chance to cool down a bit .

No comments:

Post a Comment