Saturday, October 30, 2010

I was up bright and early this morning and got three tip runs in before time for morning tea. Once that was done I went down and did a bit more work on the internal fencing (but not much as I was being watched, arms akimbo, by you know who). Then retired indoors and did some housework. A little later I went down and placed the litter in the new shed to house the broody hen and also water and food containers so that when she is moved, there is no reason to continue to disturb her until the chicks are running around (or it becomes apparent there won't be any chicks).

Retired indoors once more and lit the fire, despite it being a warm day. Why? Well it is a comfort and it was overcast and I suspect it is just force of habit. At least I now have a hot stove to cook dinner on tonight.

I did eventually light it last night, long enough to cook dinner then let it go out once more. Neither of these 'lightings' has made much of a dent in the wood I cut yesterday, so hopefully when the weather goes off tomorrow I will be snug and warm and can get on with some indoor activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment