Monday, October 18, 2010

Today was another of those weird days when you have warm sunny periods occasionally occurring in between grey, rainy windy bits. So rather than fall for the 'indoors? Outdoors?' conundrum that has been crippling me for a week or so now, I decided firmly on indoors and so to work. The kitchen was tidied and a load of washing done. Its predecessor has been hung and folded away and today's effort is festooned in the loungeroom in front of the fire that has been chugging away at a slow pace all day.

Then I decided to finish off those bee boxes that I was having a few design issues with. They are now fully constructed, undercoated, the frames made up and strung with wire and so the whole shebang just needs a bit of fiddly puttying/scraping/prep before I give it a coat of outdoor paint. I will use up some of the paint from the house, so the box will colour coordinate, lol. Hope the bees can tell which of the wooden boxes is their's.

I also bought a particularly bright little LED torch for candling the eggs as I realised none of my torches would do the job (them being rather larger in output than the diameter of an egg. So that remains to be done tonight, once it is dark. I will do the ones in the house first, so that if there are only a few that are developing, I can take them down for the hen to add to her little lot. I can candle hers while i am down there (she only has seven at present). So fingers crossed that I have babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment