Sunday, July 2, 2017

The vinyl remains a distant dream - they cancelled due to the forecast of snow to 300 metres. While we did indeed get snow, it would not have been sufficient to impede installation. Still at least I found out before I disconnected the dishwasher.

Meanwhile most of the kitchen is in the loungeroom so preparing a meal involves a fair bit of exercise (herbs and spices in the shed, cutlery in the loungeroom, pots in the garden shed - you get the picture), and this has been compounded by running out of gas, so no stove top cooking till Tuesday.

The vest has passed the point of commencing all three steeks, and the introduction of three openings which interrupt the pattern, combined with reductions either side of all three steeks means that working out where you are in the fair isle pattern can be something of a challenge that involves looking down to the panel below to work out what you are doing. Not sure I like it, but I guess I will get into the rhythm, just have to be in a space where interruptions can be avoided.

The debacle that is the Greens is a serious worry. Fortunately I am not currently a financial member so can distance myself to some extent, but basically there is a set of airy fairy political strategists who want to drag us far too far to the left, Lee Rhiannon is suffering the early stages of alzheimers and can be manipulated by that group and the NSW membership has based their instructions to her was based on a strategic desire to attract Union membership rather than promote Greens policy. So until they get their act together they have lost a supporter I am sorry to say. And no, we have no right wing element, just left and far left, and it is the latter that is causing the unrest.

2 comments:

  1. SSSooooooo agree about the Greens!!! And good luck with those steeks and the pattern interruption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I will be resuming the battle tomorrow gods willing.

    ReplyDelete