Got to the Mens Shed and cut the timber down the middle (discovering a few warps en route), and it is now lying on the lino in the hope it will help redistribute bubbles. Then hooked up the new dishwasher having installed a bit of skirting along the base of the wall.
That has presented a few problems - firstly the hose clamp required a star-headed driver and of course, no-one has one of those do they! But then I remembered my spanner set has a set of weird things that turned out to include one of these so I fitted this to the ratchet handle and fitted it to the nipple on the side of the u-trap. So far to good, and I put a tablet and rinse aid in the appropriate compartments then tried to make it work. I think there is an electronic problem but other problems were me turning the tap off instead of on, and discovering the nipple thingy actually needs to be drilled out before it works - who knew! So at present it is sitting with a belly full of water that can not drain away. And I have a tummy full of irish stew so am unlikely to contort myself to the extent necessary to remove the hose clamp, drill out the hole and get it working. Meanwhile I have a technician due to phone me tomorrow so I will tell him what has happened so far and ask him to come sort out the electronics (it won't let me select half-wash, the reset buttons do nothing and so forth). So irritating!
A mild night last night but back to minus 3 tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment