Today in the History Room I was in splendid solitude all day which was a good thing as I had steeks to cut, and document the cutting so I could post a mini-tutorial on the spinning FB page, which I have now done.
It was all a bit tortuous crocheting chains down either side mainly because my spinning and plying is not all it could be and the yarn would separate at inconvenient moments. Nevertheless I managed it and have now got something that looks a lot more like a vest and to which I only have to add the bands - I am even two thirds of the way through casting on the neck band, albeit having failed to collect sufficient stitches en route (only by four out of 66, so not really an issue - I will pick them up on the next round.
The shoulders are now joined as you can see, and it is starting to look like the real thing - with bands on and a good wash it will look pretty flash even if I do say so myself.
The neighbours have finally had the sense to remove the filly from the stallion's paddock, and while he is less than impressed, at least she may yet be 'empty' as I noticed him having a sniff at her the other day as if she was, perhaps cycling still. Phew. I wonder what they will bring back with them from their journey into town?
I have given up predicting what I might get up to in the following days, as it never seems to work out that way anyway and I then feel I have not done enough. So, suffice to say tonight's dinner will be the meaty chicken and barley soup I made yesterday (accompanied by toast made on the fire due to the toaster being missing in action still.

Ooh, a little butter on a hot cast iron pan, fried bread is better than toaster bread any day! ;) Yum!
ReplyDeleteHaha - good idea! Might do that tonight!
DeleteNo need for you to say so Jo.... I feel compelled by the quality of your vest is pretty flash! It's a real thing of beauty.
ReplyDeleteThanks Fran, all stitches now picked up on the neck and two rows done. Would have been more if the curator had not dropped by.
Delete