Saturday, July 8, 2017

Collecting myself seems to have occupied more time than anticipated, and together with a trip into Oatlands to clean the bank I didn't make much progress on architraves other than to decide the order in which they should be installed (eg, the one in the laundry needs to go in before I can hook up the washing machine, and the one in the kitchen against the outside wall has to go in before I can install the new dishwasher or I will have created dual jobs. So I cleaned down the sides of the oven exposed by moving it, and pushed the oven back into position (using the little trolley feet I bought at Bunnings last time I was down. These are four separate mini-platforms that go under the corners of the item to be moved, and which roll in one direction only, so need a bit of fiddling but are generally useful as long as you can lift the corner in question - a challenge with the freezer.

Other than that I was sweeping - it is astonishing the amount of stuff that comes into the room from all directions, and moving stuff about and causing more dust does not help. The dog failing to wipe his feet does not help, and some of the 'stuff' has sharp corners so it is important to keep on top of it to avoid damage to the vinyl. Sigh.

It's all good though, and I expect I need this incentive to stay tidy and clean!!

Freezing again this morning and more tonight. And History Room tomorrow so no progress to be had.


1 comment: