The deferred snow has still failed to materialise which is surprising given today's max was four and it was raining a fair bit of the day. So much so I gave up on the History Room at two and hurried home to light the fire.
Last night's dinner was corned beef. I followed a slow-cooker recipe that involved malt vinegar, but had to top up the malt vinegar with apple cider vinegar due to lack of supplies. The result was a lot closer to the canned variety than any previous effort - I may make corned beef hash with some of the left-overs. Meanwhile, tonight's serving will involve some slices reheated in the juices and vegetable mash that remains in the pot.
I am having a debate with a school friend who recalls watching the moon landing at home, while I recall being herded into the School Hall to watch it. As we had our own telly I can not see why that would be - my parents were the sort who would have ensured we watched it live if the opportunity arose.
The fire is working well, fortunately, and I have discovered that running the upright heater in the kitchen for an hour or so warms up the neighbouring air sufficiently to avoid the cold drafts - and thus makes life rather more comfortable. Once the architraves are fitted and painted around the kitchen windows I will be installing some timber venetians that will have considerable thermal benefit, heat and cold wise. I live in hope, lol
No comments:
Post a Comment