Sunday, June 25, 2017

The horrible chill was well in evidence today at the History Room - had to hijack one of my beanies to keep my ears on my head. At least I had a few visitors - five in total, and three of them even paid!

The kitchen is almost completely dismantled - I have one more cabinet to remove and that will have to wait till the day before they come so I can keep the dishwasher in operation till then. Tomorrow I will remove the corner cupboard from the bathroom and unless the weather is a vast improvement on today's chilly blast, will also dismantle the washing machine and put in its stabilising plugs to allow for safe movement.

I discovered I had left the freezer unplugged for three days, but it has been so cold that the contents were largely still frozen which was a relieve. Those bits that were soggy have been discarded and the dog is a happy boy.

Some more progress on the vest, but I have run out of the silvery grey wool and the new wool I spun is a closer match to the dark grey so I will have to revisit that and have another go.

Meanwhile woodchopping in the hobby of the day, and hugging the heater my priority this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment