Friday, July 14, 2017

Last night was about 8 degrees warmer than the previous nights have been (or tonight will be for that matter) and as a consequence I was hot - so hot. And got next to no sleep. Woke at 2:30 and so on it went. As a consequence I was still in bed at nine which surprised me as i would have expected the dog to be desperate to go out before then. Still, we sorted that out and I had a leisurely breakfast before heading to the tip and getting rid of a the accumulated packing from the machine. Then visited a few people and headed home to get some wood in for tonight (minus degrees once more). With the fire chugging away I am looking forward to my bangers and mash, and will be off to bed once again.

Devastated by the news Scott Ludlam has resigned. When we know all too many serving politicians are bald-facedly serving in Parliament without addressing such legal niceties (and actively obstructing access to proof of their behaviour) it demonstrates the high standards of personal integrity that have been a hallmark of his service. I can but hope he sorts it out and stands for re-election at the next election.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely Jo, devastated here too. Scott Ludlam is a gifted and intelligent senator who has kept a whole bunch of crazies to account. I was moved to check how one renounces British citizenship and have discovered that there is a firm to fill in. I didn't do that so even though the citizenship ceremony I took in the 1970s included words about 'renouncing' I didn't formally do so. Dual citizen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. shame upon you! haha - I see Tony claims to have miraculously found his renunciation. Pity the UK government can not confirm - at least has failed to do so on the many times they have been asked to do so. I wonder what the date is on that particular document? Grrrr. AEC should be empowered to request confirmation of single citizenship when they receive nominations from potential candidates born overseas.

    ReplyDelete