Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You never know quite what you are going to bring home from Quilting these days. Today it was two large swedes (about the size of a baby's head) freshly pulled from the paddock (apparently the sheep miss out these days), an outdoor dining table minus the little rubber ring in the middle that stops the umbrella from rattling around (but you can always wrap the umbrella with rubber sheeting to achieve the same result - if you have an umbrella), two gem pans (the ones for cooking, not going gold seeking), and a thingy you use for cutting potatoes into chips. It also has an attachment for coring an apple and cutting it into wedges which is handy. All for nothing I might add. The last item is something I have always rather fancied but never been prepared to spend money buying. But since Caroline was chucking all her kitchen cupboard clutter to the tip I brought it home with me. A good scrub and it will be put into action cutting up one of the swedes to make some chips for dinner - perhaps tomorrow night.

Since Caroline does not cook and her husband's idea of adventurous cooking is shake-in-the-bag chicken with pre-cooked oven chips, I do at times wonder why she buys all this stuff - but hey, it is all good fodder for me and others at quilting (Tracy scored the cookie tube with various attachments for making swirly cookies ...).

I also made two Ohio stars, in case you think I spent the entire day scrounging. There were some good ideas fielded for job-hunting as well. But do I really want to work in a Detention Centre? Not sure what the atmosphere would be like - would it be like a prison or a more cheerful, welfare oriented environment????

No harm in trying I guess. And there were several other options also mooted that I will follow up on over the next few days.

Dog was happy outdoors today with a still, sunny day to keep him relaxed and happy.

2 comments:

  1. I passed the Quilt and Pillow factory in Hobart today and it was in Newtown along the main drag just before the road from town merges with Argyle Street. So yes Hobart does have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. Dangerously close to the Quilted Crow shop though, lol. I will check it out next time I am down there. Thanks BB!!

    ReplyDelete