Today did not go well. I started off by cutting up some firewood. But the chain kept coming loose on the chainsaw. So I got out the spring washer thingy that the guy removed when he sharpened it (because he couldn't see any reason for it to be there) and tried it between the head of the screw and the washer, and between the washer and the bit it was all being tightened up to, but neither option worked. So presumably it comes from inside the thingy and it is a man's job to fix it. Mean time, I finished off the bit of wood I was trying to cut, by hand and concluded there was a reason I own a chainsaw...
Then I started to have a go at putting the woodbox together. I had decided that getting the box constructed was a priority and that the lid could come later. But the box remains unconstructed as I kept running into problems with various tools and so concluded that was a waste of my time.
I moved onto clothes alterations. Last night I had unpicked seams, worked out solutions and pinned and tacked them together. So it should have been pretty straight forward. I am still working on the first skirt ...
Oh well, osso bucco with risotto milanese for dinner, so at least one thing will be good to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment