Saturday, April 30, 2011

The bacon was everything i had hoped it would be so there is now a large container of bacon chunks, and a slightly smaller one of bacon slices stowed in the freezer as well as four packets of prepped liver with a sachet of bacon inside so it is all there when I want to cook it. The minestrone is fabulous. But i forgot to add the pasta so it is coming back to the boil right now so the pasta can cook. So that will be minestrone for dinner as well as for lunch - but since it's so good I really don't care.

I chainsawed up a fair bit of firewood today in anticipation of the next cold spell that is forecast for the beginning of the week. Seems they only added enough fuel to let me play for a short while with it post-purchase so I also had to go into town to get some fuel. With the oil they gave me duly added, I was able to fire up the chainsaw once more and keep on cutting. It starts really easily now I have the knack so it really is a pleasure to use.

A load of washing finished off the tasks completed today and i have yet to parcel up the soup for freezing, which I will (obviously) do after dinner.

While in town collecting the fuel I called into Eleanor's to collect the outdoor foot-scrapery mat that Barry had discarded out of pure loathing. It is one of those wire frame thingies with doormat bristles at intervals, so will be good for dusting off the chainsaw flakes that presently get tracked indoors despite my new cutting location (this being due to the stockpile of stuff remaining from previous cutting exercises).

No comments:

Post a Comment