Monday, April 18, 2011

Creative solutions 'r' us!

The mobile phone was dead flat this morning but then i had a brainwave!! I found the photo-downloader-cable and plugged it into the computer. Astonishingly enough, this actually does charge the phone for you!! Not much point though as it has thus far failed to ring. At least i tried.

It was soooooooooo cold today. A nasty malicious breeze carrying ice in its baggage was whistling around the place all day, so I tucked up indoors with the fire and did absolutely nowt. Well, a load of washing, the dishes, some embroidery, some reading ...

Last night's fried green tomatoes were a failure. The recipe called for either corn meal or flour, and I had neither, so I substituted weetbix. Not a good choice. It also called for slices of tomato half an inch thick. This is far too thick for cooking through before the weetbix burned ... Tonight I will be selecting the riper tomatoes and having toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment