Today was supposed to be a bit warmer. No idea where they got that idea from. It started off well, but seemed to get cooler as the day progressed. And now, for some reason, the fire is a bit too warm - hence me out here in the kitchen typing away.
Last night, having discovered my third library book was in fact one I had read before (and very memorable), I gave up on reading and reverted to sewing. Tacked up more seams and hems, the moved onto quilting those pocket faces that I have embroidered. Shadow-quilting was the option and one is now complete and the other well on the way. Presumably it will be finished by bedtime (which seems a long way away now the clocks have moved ) have had dubbin applied to the rubby bits and a bit of stretching done. My ankle boots have a leather knot at the ankle which perpetually undoes itself, I think I will have to sew it together, but have no idea how I would do that without the thread showing (and my fingers being full of holes from pushing the needle through), so will look for some sort of ornamental finish while I am down town to see what I can do. They are too good to chuck out just cos of that annoyance, so will be worth pursuing a solution.
All this sort of activity was a good thing as I received a phonecall from the Agency and have to go to Hobart tomorrow to register with them (curses). This will also mean missing most of quilting which is a pity as I had promised myself that was the last day I would go. As I have to drop the chainsaw off for Anne to take home for her husband to sort out, I will call in, but won't stay. While the chainsaw will be delivered back the following morning, I think I will pick up a bag of wood while down in Hobart just to tide me over as the nights will be chilly even if the daytime temp improves.
So at least I now know I have something fairly smartish to wear to Hobart to impress the Agency staff. Now all I have to do is work out where I put my makeup...
No comments:
Post a Comment