Saturday, April 9, 2011

Today was R&R and we went down to Bridgewater to the Brighton Civic Centre (work that one out if you will ...) where the quilting day was being held. It was great fun with lots of lucky door prizes (I won a pattern for a quilt showing lots of tea pots - not sure I will ever make it ...) and a lucky table (mine - I won an easter egg wrapped in a fat quarter), show and tell, workshops and stalls. I think it is the quilters guild that organises it, but since i am not a member, I really don't have a clue.

Before heading off I whipped up a apple cake, because I suddenly remembered one was supposed to provide something, and sorted out the dog and the chooks so they were safe and well for the day.

Home around 4.30 so had time to give the dog a few chases of the ball and feed the poultry before retreating indoors ahead of the rain. Tonight's dinner is a bit of a let-down after last night's extravaganza - home made bacon with cheese and tomato toasted sandwiches. Still, at least some of the ingredients are home-produce.

I opened a box marked 'cushions' in the hope of finding the missing ones from the couch (which I did) and found all the dog's beds and bedding. So he now has a waterproof bed for the kennel, a sheepskin rug for the loungeroom and a rather nice moleskin one for beside the bed (in the vain hope I can convince him to use it). What is more, there is now a spare cover so I can wash the others while not depriving him of somewhere to sleep. I am sure he will be thrilled when he wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment