Thursday, April 28, 2011

Unloaded the ute and stacked the wood under a tarp near the door so it is ready to hand in the event I need it for emergencies.

Then I went down and weeded the garden, and cut out last years canes from the raspberries. These I poked into the ground in a spare bit of bed in the hope some will strike and provide additional canes. While doing that I glanced up and discovered that one of the cauliflowers had produced a large curd without me having noticed it previously - so guess what is for dinner.

I finished off the chicken and vegetable soup and froze it in individual servings and have started off some bacon bones which will become a minestrone tomorrow once the bones have been removed, the meat shredded and the fat skimmed off. Will have to put some lima beans to soak tonight so they are ready for use.

Then a bit of housework and tonight it is paperwork so I can work out what is going on with my finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment