Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today was the big trek into Hobart for registering with the Agency. The start date is designated 'as soon as possible' but I have indicated the 18th as my preferred start date. It all sounds very promising with a four day week. If I can have Wednesdays off I can have two two-day work periods, give the dog a day off the chain on Wednesdays (or even get to quilting once in a blue moon) and reorganise myself for the rest of the week. So that would work very well indeed. Still no idea of the salary offered, but no doubt it will be sufficient for my needs (I hope). And the PD reads in the same way as any heritage post seems to read - a bit of everything ...

I set off bright and early for my ten am appointment, but with road works, finding a long-term parking spot and getting a loo break in, I just made it in time. So it was a good thing their building was where I thought it would be ... After that I popped into Spotlight and picked up some fabric dye to cover up the areas where the coffee dye 'grabbed' the fabric with unfortunate results. That is now cooked and cooling and will go in the wash this evening so I will see what eventuates. Rather than waste the rest of the dye, I cut a metre of calico and bunged that in too. I chose a yellow ochre which seems to have come out darker on the cotton than the calico, but is a lovely colour if it achieves the coverup I need.

I also picked up some beads for the cushion cover and returned an open-toed foot that failed to fit my machine then hopped into the car and went to Eastlands (via Lindisfarne to collect a bag of wood) where I picked up some supplies and headed home. I went the back way so I could call into quilting where i discovered my absence had caused a bit of an uproar earlier in the day. People planning to send out search parties to make sure I was still alive etc. Then Rosemary arrived and reassured them I was still in the land of the living as her husband had seen me driving down to Hobart and reported I would not be there (you can't do anything around here without people knowing, lol).

I had completely failed to take the needfuls for doing any work so sat around and gossiped and admired other people's work and definitely admired the work Jean had done on the pocket she had embroidered for me. So much neater than my work ... Jenny had another pair of shoes for me, so that makes three pairs of shoes I have scored now, and my iron has a new plug and the chainsaw has gone off to be fixed and I am happy to say the dog was still alive, relaxed and happy when I got home. Though now he wants me to throw his ball, so I guess I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment