The cat's bed joined the dog's bed in the washing machine today, though it does not seem to have deterred the cat from using the still slightly soggy bed this evening. It has been raining for much of the afternoon, but this morning was downright warm at times. The temperature is no longer quite so balmy, so it is a good thing I took advantage of this morning's sushine to cut some wood.
Today was spent sorting out more stuff to go into the container, and to set up the dog's running leash. That done, I chained him to it and walked him from one end to the other, but he looked as if he felt it was some refined form of torture, so I let him off the chain before taking it back to the kennel.
I also managed to finally get a towel rack installed in the bathroom, and a set of hooks behind the door so I have somewhere to put things while i am in the shower. And the final touch was installing the blind, so I now have privacy while using the loo and at night when the doors are open and I am working in the kitchen.
Privacy is of course subjective, and the lot of larrikans who were boozing down at the recreation club, accompanied by loud music and loud swearing were given a bird's eye view of me in the kitchen, but they stayed where they belonged and so it was no worries. They do seem to have perhaps broken an entire half off a gum tree in the back yard of my neighbour of many children, though that could equally have been the scuds of galeforce wind. Whichever it was, the branch is still there, still part attached to the tree and no sign of any intention to remove it.
Soup tonight, with grilled cheese on top in lieu of cheesy croutons.
No comments:
Post a Comment