It has rained pretty well all day today. Not terribly productive rain this morning, but I think things have changed, judging from the radar on weatherzone. Only 4 mm last night.
I spent much of the morning rediscovering the kitchen floor and now all I have to do is find the top of the kitchen table. It too is emerging, and may yet be discovered by the end of the evening.
Due to the rain, I got cabin fever and after a quick run to the tip, retired to quilting for a short while. I had to leave early too though as the dog was on the running leash for the first time. He had retreated into the kennel as soon as I drove off, but sometime in my absence apparently discovered the running leash options and so was standing in the rain at the back door looking hopeful about his chances of getting in when I returned. Hmmmmmm.
The advent of dog beds seems to be working as he spent the night on the floor last night - a huge relief to get the bulk of the bed back to myself and only having to share it with Smidgen. He tried it on a couple of times, but settled back down with a sigh when told to 'drop'.
I had taken some wood indoors last night so was able to cut it in a break in the rain and so have supplies for the night, but will have to do the same again tomorrow. This time the wood was brought in at the same time as I cut the wood this morning so should be good and dry by tomorrow morning. I also took advantage of the rain to wash the windows on the outside - no need to rinse! and it is interesting to see the view through clean glass for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment