The temperature today barely made it into two figures though it won't be too bad tonight. It was grey, overcast, drizzly weather - not good for anything really. So I continued with the purge of the bathroom and laundry and I now have a functional bath (having removed various items of building materials, several wads of insulation and so forth) and the laundry is looking pretty good too.
Sadly all of the 'homeless' items have migrated into the kitchen so I will have to spend much of tomorrow working out where they too can live.
The rest of the day was spent cooking. I now have a lump of salt pork (to be cut into slices and frozen for use as sandwich fillings when packing my own lunch), a boeuf bourgignon, a goulash (austrian, not hungarian, so it has carraway seeds in it instead of paprika) and a lamb and potato curry is simmering away at present, waiting to reduce the liquids and develop a creamy consistency. These will all be subdivided into serving sizes tomorrow and frozen, along with the relevant veges/rice, for reheating as required.
I planned to have pickled pork sandwiches for dinner, but Shadow ate the last one ... Not good for him or me, so he has had a stern lecture, which he blithely ignored.
No comments:
Post a Comment