I had a bit of a rummage last night as I could not find my rotary cutter (turns out it was left behind at Wednesday quilting so I retrieved it today). While rummaging I discovered I had a layer cake of the fabric I am making the new quilt out of which was a real bonus as I needed to find larger bits than are available on a jelly roll. This solves that problem nicely, though most of the lights turn out to be fine ginghams so not particularly useful for providing strong contrasts with the darks. I have managed to work around that by pilfering some fabric from a couple of other sources in tones that work with the jelly roll I am using.
I also started work on the embroidery for the William Morris cushion I bought at Stawell in October. If I can finish that off, then the remaining fabric bought for it (a bundle of fat sixteenths) can also be worked into the quilt so I should have more than sufficient for the finished work.
Apart from that not much has happened today. I will phone this lot tomorrow since i have not heard a thing about the job, and see what is happening. And I will also phone the chap about the chainsaw as he too has failed to get in touch. It would be nice to have a chainsaw that worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment