Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What a wild and woolley day! Wind, rain, black clouds. Lovely stuff for being indoors at sewing. We were going out for lunch today so I decided to leave the embroidery frame at home and work on some handwork which kept me fairly busy, but would have been even busier if I had remembered to take a variety of yarns, instead of the few I had. I am afraid I get bored stitching all the same colour all the time - even graduated colours in the cotton make the world of difference to the work I find.

Anyway, so we had lunch, ran into people to chat to, collected four bags of wood shavings, got a few groceries (but forgot two items as I ran into several more people in the shop) and home once more. The wind is not in the right quarter to blow into the house, so I have a fairly snug environment. But despite this, I lit the fire as it is that sort of weather (bear in mind I would have had a fire going when I lived in Queensland in wild rainy weather - it is not so much the warmth as the comfort that it gives).

We had such a good time at lunch I left my jacket and scarf at the restaurant (and no, no alcohol involved), so had to pop back to collect that as well. But all home safe now and ready for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment