It was the end of the auction this morning so I was up and dressed and chooks fed and me sort-of fed in time to sit down for a seven am start on the roundup. We raised £1700 which was not quite what we hoped for, but a lot better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick. So a lot of homeless kitties in Brighton will be living rather more comfortably as a result.
Since it was quite chilly this morning, by the time that was done I was frozen to the bone and so turned on the heater when I went in to quilting this morning. Forgot to turn it off, so by the end of the day we were all peeling off layers and complaining of the heat, till we worked out what had happened (oops).
I finally made it to the far right hand side of the embroidery across the top so tomorrow will be able to scroll down a bit and work my way across Ayers Rock to the Central Coast. I will take a photo before I do that so you can finally see what I have been working on.
Chicken still alive and well, but a little distressed by the strong winds we are currently experiencing but nothing i can do about that. At least he has a roof and four walls and a snug spot to shelter from any drafts that might be rocketting through his enclosure. I will, however, see what I can do to organise him into one of the hutches on Thursday, so he has a landscape a little more to his own scale and can see the other chooks.
No comments:
Post a Comment