My phone rang at 7:15 this morning but i missed the call. It was a local one so I called back but got an answering machine so left a message. Then the caller called once again but the phone was sitting on the table and the signal did not receive it till later. So I received a text message (from one of those voice translation machine thingies) that read Hi Joe its Roselyn. Just now quoting today now because there's nobody back'. It took me quite a while to work out that it was Rosemary calling to say no quilting today .... Clearly the technology has a way to go.
Anyway, quilting having been cancelled I cut up some of the wood I had gathered, but had to stop as the chain on the saw was so blunt it was just spinning. I have been sharpening it as I go, but concluded there was something wrong with my technique so I googled for a video clip on the subject. Lots of videos, most useless as the rasp is placed over the vital bit without any instruction as to which direction or side it was supposed to be on. But I eventually found one that showed a giant model of the critical parts, took you through them carefully then showed how to rasp them. Much better.
And spent the rest of the day sewing as it started off cold.
Then I popped into town for some vital supplies and returned home to find her next door merrily standing in the laneway with her visitor, apparently removing flowers from a shrub growing over the fence from the other neighbour's. The visitor new me, so greeted me and we exchanged a few pleasantries as my neighbour walked away. Then the visitor returned to her house, but left very soon after, at speed. And then the neighbour turned on the music once again.
Am enjoying a handful of strawberries a day from the bushes now, and very nice they are too.
No comments:
Post a Comment