Today was supposed to be 19 with later showers developing. They arrived at 11:00 while i was working on the auction thingy. That work had to be carried out in the bedroom as that was the only part of the house with a signal ...
Anyway, as a result I spent the day tidying up the kitchen and putting on the lamb shanks in the slow-cooker. Home grown celery and carrots, home grown thyme and oregano, some chicken stock, garlic and homegrown leeks to keep it company. Will see what emerges in a few more hours I guess.
The plate rack ... I had another look at it today and discovered she had taken her measurements at the lower end. Not up the top where there is a projecting ledge ... So I will have to figure out another place for it, other than where it was intended to go. Oh well.
I also split some of the 'unsplittable' lumps of wood to enable me to keep the fire chugging over to keep the damp outside where it belongs. They are all incredibly dense lumps of wood that acquire a glazed effect when cut with the chainsaw and burn very very slowly, so I have only used two of them today and the last one is now on the fire and will burn through to bedtime I suspect. There are quite a few more to keep me going later in the week when the weather once again gets cooler.
Other than that it has been a pretty lazy day reading quilting magazines and a book, and sitting doing nothing at all, which can be surprisingly pleasant at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment