Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Managed to get the letter into the letter box next door without incident and shortly thereafter headed into town for quilting. It was a slow day today - with only two others turning up, and them at least half an hour late. By that time I had managed to raise the temperature indoors above freezing level and get the kettle boiled, and had also ducked over to the shop for a hot chocolate to keep my spirits up. Talk about cold! I am told there is snow on the mountain and I would have no trouble believing that at all. There was certainly hail falling in Oatlands this morning. I was quite relieved when this afternoon it warmed up a little, though still only 10 degrees or so. Not really December weather, though I do recall the odd chilly Christmas before now so not out of character around here.

So I cut up another fence post to supplement the bits of paling and fourbetwos I have been burning lately, and the fire is chugging away merrily - hopefully it will be nice and cosy indoors at least tonight, as we are set for four degrees overnight (i.e. at breakfast time tomorrow morning which seems to be when the real cold arrives).

Tomorrow will allegedly be sunny so I will wash the quilt in the morning and take it into quilting to get it dry on the line while i am there. then it can go away for what we fondly refer to as summer around here. I will take out a light blanket to supplement the summer doona if the need arises.

Hot soup tonight, I feel ...

No comments:

Post a Comment